Event Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Minions PLUS at a Distance
Minions PLUS at a Distance
Minions Plus will resume Wednesdays with a new format. The ride will still be 18 -20 miles of mainly shared use paths and bike lanes at a 14 - 16 MPH pace. Education on riding etiquette and safety are still the focus, but drafting will not be taught or practiced. Please meet Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Ft Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue. No drop ride, but a minimal ability to ride at a 14 mph pace for 1.5 hours is expected. If the pavement is dry, we flyl!!!
Participation will require the following:
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet during off bike time is mandatory. This means that as we gather before the ride, during stops on the ride and after the ride, we will consciously keep distanced from each other.
- Social distancing during the ride will be set by time. During the ride we will maintain a 5 second spacing between riders in order to minimize Covid 19 exposure. You may ride parallel with another rider if space allows, but not within a 5 second duration behind any rider.
- Social distancing during repair or emergency stops will also follow the 6 ft rule. If you are not part of the fix, move down the road to a safe stopping place and wait while social distancing 6 ft apart.
- Loud talking is discouraged since it produces aerosols which are a known vector for Covid 19 infection. Pointing out dangers non verbally should suffice. Emergency call outs OK.
- Groups of more than 10 people will be split into smaller sub groups and have staggered staring times. A leader will be accompanying each group. Ideally each group should stay together for the duration of the ride.
- Indoor group dinners in restaurants are cancelled. However, properly spaced outdoor seating, takeout orders or brown bag foods are all an option.
- Helmets, working bikes and both front and rear lights are required. While any types of bikes can be used, bikes with drop bars and smooth tires are more efficient.
If you do not honor other people’s desire to not get infected and not to infect others, this is not the ride for you. If you think you may have been exposed to Covid 19 or have symptoms, do not join our ride and do get tested.
Oscar Rattenborg (239-220-9052), Mike Holm and Diana Holm (239-939-2899)
Speed: D group 14-16 mph
Distance: 18-20 miles
No Drop Ride
Ride Leader: Oscar Rattenborg 239.220.9052
Covid-19 Precautions: See above
Visit the interactive map.
Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 6:30 PM
Fort Myers Cyclery
3630 Cleveland Ave
Fort Myers, FL 33901
CRBC Weekly Ride
Registration is not Required